CBD oil is created by extracting CBD and then adding a carrier oil, such as hemp seed oil or coconut oils to it. CBD can be found online and in retail stores in a range of products including dietary supplements and bath soaks as well as food and beverages.
Scientific studies show that it may reduce anxiety and chronic pain. But is this the right decision for you?
1. May Reduce Pain
Researchers have found that CBD, one of the components in cannabis, has pain-relieving properties. Endocannabinoids can be found in the body and are neurotransmitters that attach to cannabinoid receptors in the nervous system.
2. Might Reduce Symptoms Associated With Some Mental Disorders
Anxiety disorders or other mental health disorders may have devastating consequences on your overall well-being and health. Sometimes, mental disorders are treated with medications, which can have side effects like agitation or insomnia, drowsiness, sexual dysfunction, and headaches.
In addition, medications such as benzodiazepines are susceptible to dependence and could cause substance use disorder. Edible CBD oil has been proven to be a natural treatment for some mental disorders like anxiety.
3. It May Reduce Certain Cancer-Related Symptoms
CBD may be able to help reduce certain symptoms and side effects associated with cancer treatment like nausea, vomiting, pain, and stomach upsets. An older study looked into the effects of CBD and THC on patients suffering from cancer-related discomfort. Both THC and CBD extracts resulted in significant pain relief for those who used them.
4. May Possess Neuroprotective Qualities
Researchers believe that CBD can act on the endocannabinoid and other brain-signaling mechanisms to provide benefits for people with neurological disorders.
CBD can be used to treat neurological disorders such as MS and epilepsy. This is one of the most researched uses of CBD. Although the area of CBD research is still new, several studies have shown promising outcomes. CBD has also been investigated for its effectiveness in treating neurological diseases.
5. May Benefit Heart Health
A lot of research has linked CBD with many health benefits to the heart and circulatory system. This includes the ability to lower high cholesterol.
High blood pressure is associated with increased risk for several health conditions, such as stroke, heart attack, or metabolic syndrome.
6. Other Benefits
CBD has been studied for a wide range of health issues, not just those mentioned above. Even though more research is needed CBD is believed to offer the following health benefits:
- CBD could have antipsychotic effects. CBD may reduce psychosis symptoms in schizophrenia patients.
- Substance abuse treatment. The use of CBD to relieve anxiety and depression may help people who are dependent upon certain drugs such as heroin.
- Life extension for people with glioblastoma. Although research is limited, some studies suggest CBD and THC treatment may be able to prolong the lives of those suffering from this aggressive form of cancer.
- Possible improvement in sleep. However, further research is needed.